MODES - DCLS 3
- Learn how modes are really used
- Find them FAST in all keys, on all the fretboard
- Learn what modal progressions are
- Practice with a REAL BAND in video
- No new scale boxes, easy with DCLS
Struggling to use modes?
Finally make sense of MODES !
And if you know pentatonics and major scales you already have the tools to play them.
- Some people learn modes as new scales
- Some people play the scale the mode comes from
Neither of these approaches work! The first is too complex, the second is too slow and derivative. And both don't sound modal in the end.
DCLS will transform something you know very well - the pentatonic - into a beautiful sounding mode. Just using an improved caged system and 10 scale boxes in total.
You will learn:
- What modes are
- How to use them in real life
- How to find them easily on the fretboard
- Play them in context (Rock, pop, blues, fusion)
- Modal chord progressions
- Modal changes
- Easy 10 boxes DCLS system
- 16 Video Backing tracks with a 4 piece band!
- Practice while you watch the video
- Feels like you're jamming with 4 pro musicians
Here's one of the backing tracks
Why DCLS works
- Be able to see scales fast on the fretboard
- Know what scales to use on different chord progressions
- Have the technique to express yourself
My "Diesels" system will not only help you memorize the scale boxes and know which scale goes where, but also to see them at a glance on guitar.
10 boxes for all scales
DCLS improves the CAGED system and combines it with pentatonics and major scales to map the whole diatonic fretboard.
So with 10 boxes and a simple system you will cover Pentatonics, major scales and modes.
All 3 essential sounds of modern improvisation clearly visible and interconnected on the fretboard.
- Master Modes
- Learn how they're used in modern music
- Discover modal progressions
- Learn modal interchange / mixture
- More than 4 hours of video
- 29 step by step lessons
- 16 video backing tracks with a real band
- Downloadable PDF with support material
- Clear explanation of all concepts
- Innovative and easy DCLS (diesels) approach
OR GET THE FULL BUNDLE
GET THE BEST OUT OF DCLS!
The DCLS approach works best when you take it from the start!
Even if you know pentatonics and major scales, you might want to solidify your foundations and apply the system to easier concepts first.
Brush up major and minor pentatonics on Part 1 and master major scale and key center approach on part 2
- MODES, MAJOR SCALES, PENTATONICS
- 3 full improvisation courses!
- DCLS 10 boxes only, easy approach
- Huge bundle discount
Don't just take my word for it
I know Modes, but I don't know how to use them. Will this course help me?
Many great players understand where modes come from, but not how they're actually used.
This course aims exactly at solving this problem.
Modes are easy and fun! No need for more scale boxes, you just need Pentatonics and Major scales.
Really only 10 boxes I already know?
All you need is 5 pentatonic Boxes and 5 Major Scale boxes.
All that changes is the angle.
But you have to have an easy system that provides that angle fast.
That is. where my DCLS system shines!
But I know what a mode is!
- It is possible that you know how modes are constructed, but not how they're used in real life.
- Modes are just a perspective on the major scale, but that is the good and the bad news. If you play the notes from C major how is it different from playing D dorian or G mixolydian? DCLS teaches you just that!
- Learning Modes with DCLS also helps you visualize Modes fast on the fretboard
- Shows you what modal chord progressions are, therefore how modes are used for composition in actual songs.
- Explains how to deal with Modal key changes, which do happen
- Also DCLS course helps you play on all the fretboard, on all the strings, in all common keys.
I know Pentatonics and Major scales, can I just start from Modes?
Nonetheless if you have a very strong knowledge of the Pentatonic scales, diatonic harmony, harmonic analysis and major scales all over the fretboard, DCLS part 3 provides a full recap of the system and you can start directly here.
What does DCLS mean?
What is DCLS?
It's modular, so you will have only 10 basic boxes, and everything else will build on these just by changing a few notes.
This is unique and speeds up the process of understanding scales and modes, recognising them on the fretboard and learning their sound.
Is it better than CAGED?
What are part 1 and 2 about?
Part 2 is about the Major Scale and teaches you to analyze chord progressions, recognize keys and key changes.
Part 4 Still in the works, when released will be about more complex scales, like modes from the melodic minor, altered scales and superimpositions of pentatonics and triads.
Will I have a discount if I want to get the full course?
DCLS 3 MODES
Get the single course
DCLS 1-2-3 BUNDLE
Go big with the bundle!